An IBM i (AS/400) system is one of those systems, which came into existence in the eighties, named as iSeries back then, and still are very relevant and running modern applications as well as applications which were coded on it decades ago. The prime reason for the never fading popularity of IBM i (AS/400) or iSeries is that IBM kept evolving the system with time to keep up with fast -paced business demands and changes. Information technology, mobility, social, Open Source and Analytics are transforming the way IBM i (AS/400) supports the business in today’s date and time. The server is known by names like IBM i (AS/400), iSeries, System i and ‘Power System for IBM i’. From the name iSeries to begin with, with every major enhancement, IBM kept changing the name of the AS/400 Service. Though it is more appropriate to call the server a Power System for IBM i, professionals still keep referring to it as IBM i (AS/400) or iSeries system. IBM i (AS/400) is by far the most popular name of this platform.
Meashvi Technologies has a well-established IBM i (AS/400) system (Power System for IBM i) practice is combined with skilled System admin resources that help in managing complex and highly regulated IBM i (AS/400) environments for multiple customers across verticals such as Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Retail, Logistics, Media and Entertainment, Banking, Finance/Insurance etc.
Meashvi Technology’s IBM i (AS400) Transformation Services offer solutions to ensure that customer’s IBM i (AS/400) environment is right sized, supportable, meets recovery time and recovery point objectives and availability SLAs at the same time keeping the TCO of the environment low. Meashvi Tech’s IBM i (AS400) Transformation Service Portfolio includes following services:
- Data Center Hosting Build/consolidation
- Hardware Technology Refresh
- OS Upgrades
- Server Moves (Lift and Shift)
- Individual servers/LPARs consolidation into new Power System or Blade servers
- New Environment Creation
- DR solution/Design and Tests
- Storage support for various external storage systems
- HA implementation. Installation, configuration & end to end support for HA tools like MIMIX, QuickEDD, ODS/OMS, iTerra
- Implementing Backup Technologies and Policy re-Design.
For more details, please reach out to NGDC–Power System for IBM i Practice
Meashvi Technology offers IBM i shared hosting services around the globe in a pure utility consumption based costing. The environment is truly multitenant, while offering the same security and data segregation of private cloud. Please reach out to NGDC–Power System for IBM i Practice at Meashvi Technology to get an assessment of your IBM i environment and see the cloud-ability and a custom hosting quote for your IBM i environment.
Meashvi Technology’s IBM i (AS/400) Remote Infrastructure Management services enable customers reduce their IBM i (AS/400) administration support costs, while increasing service levels by covering the Administration support in various support models and support coverages in order to meet business requirements. Below are the details of our service offerings:
- L1, L2, L3 & SME level services.
- Various Support models and Coverages
- Operations Control and Management
- Service Delivery and Support
- Work Management
- System and Security Administration
- Storage Management
- Configuration Management
- Capacity Management
- Performance Management
- Version, Firmware & Patch Management
- Incidents/Problem resolution
- Improvement & Performance Plan
- Backup & Restore Management
- Software installation, upgrades, and migrations that do not fall within Project guidelines.
- Media Management
- Printer Management
For more details, please reach out to Power System for IBM i Practice
With 80% servers in need of Optimization, Optimize-i helps achieve higher performance typically saving 30-40% of overall TCO by leveraging the latest iSeries technology and features.
Optimize-i is Meashvi Technology’s unique framework which has multistep approach, output of which is a clearly charted out to-be state of the IBMi (AS/400) environment. The assessment is based on supportability, TCO, ROI, and productivity.
It presents a business case to transform the environment with clear migration path, based on:
- Right sizing the HW/SW
- Business continuity objectives
- Rationalize the SW license usage
- Bringing job automation
For more details, please reach out to NGDC–Power System for IBMi Practice